August 21, 2009

...And I'm back!!

Well, I finally got the internet and cable hooked up, and let me tell you it couldn't have come any sooner. Don't get me wrong there is plenty to do around here (mostly house work, still). I could check out the local pubs, go to the beach, find a trail to hike on, go to a pub, head north the San Francisco, go south to Monterey, did I mention go to a pub.

When I moved up here I was worried. I was worried about the type of beers, breweries, and fellow beer drinkers I would find. I was used to what I had in San Diego and I liked it. I had my homebrew club, the local german place where I could find great beers, and awesome breweries that were more than happy to see me (they didn't know who I was, but they were happy to have the business.) I was very content there and I was concerned that I wasn't going to be able to find the same quality of zymurgy that I was accustomed to, well I was wrong.

There are some amazing beers and breweries along the northern coast. I haven't had an opportunity to experience the breweries yet, but I have been trying out their beers. Lagunitas, Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery, Boulder Creek Brewery... and the list goes on. I must say I am impressed, in fact I am having an Organic Dread Brown Ale from Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing whilst I am writing this. I am excited about the potential that lay ahead of me and as I discover them I will share them with all the world, or at least the people who are reading this.

If you know of any good breweries in Northern California please share them with me. I want to find them all and with your help I think I can. So tip one up, shoot me an email about a brewery, and help me out in the hunt.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment