July 6, 2009

Where have I been???

Hello everyone,
I realize that I have been out of touch with this blog for quite some time (almost a year and a half) and I figured it was time to start again. You may have noticed the title has changed slightly, instead of just beer and food, I am going to write about life as well.

Some interesting things have happened to me lately that have opened up my eyes and made me realize that I have been doing things all wrong. While I have still been enjoying food and beer, I have forgotten about life. I'm not saying that all I have been doing is eating and drinking, because that just isn't the case, I've just forgotten what was really important.

I am going to routinely update this blog with, well obviously beer and food topics, but also about life topics, like events in my local area as well as across the globe, milestones in my life, and topics that might be of interest to you. More or less it is going to be my opinion of these things, you may agree or you may disagree with my thoughts, but I would urge you to let me know. I hope his doesn't become a one sided conversation with myself, I hope that you let me know what you are thinking, about beer, food, and life in general.

I am essentially starting this blog over, from scratch, so I will introduce my self. My name is Bryan, I am going to say that I am 30 again, but for those of you that know me, you know that just isn't the case. I live in Carlsbad, CA right near the coast. If you haven't been to Carlsbad, I highly recommend visiting. It is a beautiful coastal town just north of San Diego. The beaches are amazing, there are great restaurants, local breweries nearby and a very healthy dose of southern California living. I was served in the Navy for eight years as a nuclear machinist mate and got out in January of 2005. After that I moved to San Francisco to attend the California Culinary Academy. San Francisco, what an amazing place to live (or visit). Anyways, I moved down to Carlsbad in 2006 and started working at the Four Seasons Resort at Aviara. A very uppity resort that caters to the wealthy and trust me, they care more about the customers then they do the employees, so I left. I am currently working at the Encina Power Plant (warm water for you surfers out there) as a millwright. I returned to my mechanical / engineering background because, while cooking is very fun, it is also very stressful, the pay sucks, and the hours are quite possibly the worst that any job can offer. Any ways, I am married, have a dog, and love living in Carlsbad. I love beer, food, and experiencing new adventures. I am going to Europe in the fall for a three week windfall of a trip where I will be driving through 8 countries, visiting 12 cities, and attending Oktoberfest. Yes, Beerfest!!

So that's me in a nut shell, I am very willing to answer any questions you might have about me, Carlsbad, cooking, brewing or drinking beer, or anything at all really. I look forward to hearing from you about your experiences with beer, food, and life. What a wonderful world....

1 comment:

  1. welcome back to the blogworld! looking forward to your posts. i have a few up myself, that i update from time to time. mind if i link to yours from one?
    - rita

    ReplyDelete